It’s been almost two years now since MessyNessy left Britain to become a full-time Frenchy. But that doesn’t mean I haven’t been feeling a little nostalgic for good ol’ Blighty with all the excitement leading up to the 60th anniversary of the Queen’s reign. The Brits are going positively potty over it all. And so I couldn’t help but jump on the bandwagon. Here’s why…
1. This Tea Towel
2. This Picture of Queen Elizabeth working military chic.
During WWII, Queen Elizabeth (then Princess Elizabeth) joined the Women’s Auxiliary Territorial service. She worked as a mechanic and a truck driver.
3. The Queen has her own special edition Lego® (diamanté) figurine.
4. She even created her own breed of dog, the “Dorgi”, a mix of the Corgi & Daschund hound.
5. Attempting this Jubilee nail art could be the greatest challenge of your life.
Find the tutorial here.
6. Even kids can stop and appreciate a fine example of topiary when it’s the Queen’s Jubilee.
7. The Queen has perfect feet.
Her Majesty has someone to break in all her shoes so she never gets blisters on her royal feet.(pictured: not actual Queen’s feet).
8. She’s basically a hipster.
Queen Elizabeth sent her first email in 1976, before it was cool.
9. During her reign, there have been 12 U.S. Presidents, 12 U.K Prime Ministers and 6 Popes. That’s a whole lot of men she’s outlasted.
10. She is literally a citizen of the World.
Her Majesty is the only person in Britain who is not required to hold a passport. But ofcourse, when you are the number one biggest landowner in the world, with 6.6 billion acres of land to your name including Great Britain, Northern Ireland, Canda, Australia, would you really expect the immigrations officer to ask to see some I.D?
And that makes her a pretty cool lady…
But ofcourse, there is no bigger reason to jump on the Jubilee Bandwagon than this…
(queue the Rule Britannia anthem)
Jolly Jubilee Weekend to you dear readers!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY: