1. Bohemian Oil Can Guitars
Inspired by the resourceful residents of the townships in South Africa who re-purpose used materials into playable instruments, choose from their boho range, beautiful faux brand oil cans, or their vintage range, genuine antique oil cans and lunchboxes, with parts sourced from used instruments.
Bohemian Guitars is another Kickstarter success story, check out the video for more:
2. A Disney Rejection Letter: No Women need apply
Found on Open Culture
3. Hot Wheels: Police “catwalk car” in Holland Tunnel, New York 1954
Found on Retronaut
5. Scarp Ridge Lodge in Historic Crested Butte, Colorado
Built in 1885, Scarp Ridge was once a brothel and saloon for miners. While the facade hasn’t changed much in 100 years, inside it’s a beautiful and inviting lodge to cozy up in after a day of skiing, hiking or rafting. The property features an indoor salt water pool, a gourmet kitchen, a library, and cinema. More info on the Eleven Experience
6. This is Martha Stewart as you might not have seen her before…
7. Vintage Luggage Tags
‘Folks who were privileged enough to travel during the first half of the 20th century used to collect luggage labels (often from airlines or hotels), displaying them as status symbols and proof of all the cool places you had been. Here, a collection of examples from the ’20s through the ’50s.’ Found on Buzzfeed.
8. Linda Evangelista in Chanel, level: 99
Found on Pinterest
9. The Real-life Simpsons Intro
10. Make yourself Award-winning
Are you a creative person that constantly submits to competitions but never gets in? Well here’s an award for you. If you think you deserve an award, fill in your name and your job title below and you’ll be given an award (screen shot to save). Then you can put “award winning designer” or whatever on your resumé.
11. Vintage Hèrmes
Found on Pinterest
12. The Alfa camera by Krzysztof Meisner and Olgierd Rutkowski (1963-1968)
13. “The Running of the Bulls”
Found on the Shirk Report
13 MORE THINGS: