1. This Incredible Pumpkin Caramel Pie to kick off fall
Recipe found on the Kitchen McCabe.
2. Painting of the Day
Eclips of the Sun in Venice in July 8, 1842 by Ippolito Caffi.
Zoom in on Wikimedia.
3. One of the churches at Geghard Monastery in Goght, Armenia (4th Century)
Found on Legendary Scholar.
4. Living Off-The-Grid On A Customized Floating Home For Over 25 Years
5. The British Post Office has its own Police force; the oldest recognised criminal investigation force in the world
Cases tackled by the Investigation Branch during its history have included everything from multimillion-pound heists, vicious murders, stamp frauds and forgeries, to dog attacks on postal workers. Learn more, found on the Postal Museum.
6. Medieval cat armour
By artist Jeff de Boer.
7. When a Pile of Cheap Costume Jewellery bought Online turns Out to Contain a Rare Viking-Era Gold Ring
A young Norwegian woman, Mari Ingelin Heskestad purchased a collection of cheap jewelry from an online auction house, only to notice one object stuck out. Heskestad had an inkling the twisted gold ring was something unique. “It was really heavy, and shiny,” she told the newspaper Bergensavisen, BA. “It looked very special.”
But instead of bringing it straight to a dealer or auction house to cash in, she delivered it to the municipal cultural heritage department of Vestland County, in Western Norway. Karoline Hareide Breivik, the acting head of the department, confirmed in a statement that the ring dated to the late Iron Age or Viking Age. The ring will go on view at the University Museum in Bergen, Norway, later this fall.
Full article found on Art Net.
8. Gold and rock crystal Roman perfume jar, (3rd-5th century AD) part of the Galloway Hoard uncovered in 2014
The crystal jar was found in Scotland alongside more than 100 gold, silver, glass, crystal, stone, and earthen objects from the Viking Age. The gold wiring on the jar was later added by Vikings in the mid 9th century AD. The hoard has been described by experts as “one of the most significant Viking hoards ever found in Scotland”. Learn more about the Galloway hoard. Object found on Treasures of the Ancients.
9. Dash-Mounted Coffee Maker (1959), Likely the Rarest Volkswagen Accessory Ever
Hot Coffee & driving 100kmph. What could go wrong?!
Found on Reddit.
10. A New Gucci Campaign recreates Stanley Kubrick’s most iconic cinematic moments
11. Rufai Zakari — Art that shows the beautiful potential of recycled materials
More found on We Present. Follow Zakari on Instagram.
12. Mended Stockings, San Francisco, 1934, Dorothea Lange documenting the Great Depression
More from Lange found on Tumblr.