1. Prostitution in Paris of Yore
From the Eugene Atget collection and photographs by Ed Clark from the Life Archives.
2. Meet Yvette, 95, The Fierce Concierge Who Hasn’t Left Her Parisian Apartment in 6 Years
Found on Doc Weekly.
3. A Vintage McDonald’s Ash Tray
Found on Etsy.
4. A 1957 GE Refrigerator
Found on Flickr.
5. How they “passed the time” at cavalry school in the 1930s
Found on Vintage Everyday.
6. An Italian phrase book for American soldiers from 1943
Found on Reddit.
7. This is Athens
“One of my favorite spots in Athens, and one most tourists don’t know about, is Lake Vouliagmeni. Where the sea and underground, thermal springs meet and have been healing aching muscles since ancient times. Open year-round, the water at Lake Vouliagmenis remains at a balmy 70 degrees and is a mixture of sea and stream water that makes it rich with minerals. Far less crowded than the nearby beaches, the grounds also offer open-air massages and yoga classes. An early morning hike surrounding the Faskomilia Hill, will offer expansive views of the Riviera followed by a refreshing dip post workout. In the summer months, music nights are held against an illuminated natural backdrop of the caves.”
Found on Nomad Luxuries.
8. A sunset’s golden rays entering an ice cave and turning the cave’s ice amber
Travel photographer Sarah Bethea captured this breathtaking photo last winter in Iceland.
9. A Real-Life “Lord of the Rings” kinda Village
Kye Gompa monastery in Spiti valley, Himachal Pradesh, India. More information here, Photo in the public domain on Wikimedia.
10. Photographer Captures Side-By-Side Portraits of Historical Figures and their Direct Descendants
Thomas Jefferson (Left), 1800 And Shannon Lanier (Right) Sixth Great-Grandson Of Thomas Jefferson.
Emeline Pankhurst (Left) And Helen Pankhurst (Right) The Great-Granddaughter Of Emeline Pankhurst
Napoleon (Left), 1812 And Hugo De Salis (Right) The Great-Great-Great-Great-Grandson Of Napoleon
Frederick Douglass (Left), 1863 And Reuben L. Andrews (Right)
Liza De Giocondo (The Mona Lisa) (Left) And Irina Guicciardini Strozzi (Right) The 15 Times Great Granddaughter Of Liza De Giocondo
Charles Dickens (Left), 1858 And Gerald Charles Dickens (Right) Dickens’s, Great-Great-Grandson.
The Descendents, by Drew Gardener. Found on Bored Panda.
11. See Jean-Michel Basquiat Masterpieces Up Close in a Free Online Exhibition
Start browsing here.
12. This Incredible 19th Print House turned Cabinet of Curiosities, For Sale
Listed for via The Modern House for $4.75m, found on The Spaces.