1. This Restaurant in Nice, Then & Now
Occupying an iconic location in Nice, hovering above the sea on the famous pillar of rock and the base of the diving boards themselves, the restaurant welcomes you in this most unusual setting, steeped in history.
2. Nessie hunter looks like someone from another time
With his tweed clothing, collar-length grey hair and big bushy beard, Adrian Shine fulfils the visual requirements of a Victorian gentleman explorer.
Shine is the leader of the Loch Ness & Morar Project, which is supporting a robotic survey of the lake by Norwegian company Kongsberg Maritime. The survey found a 10-metre model of the monster that sank during filming of the 1970 film The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes.
Found on Stuff.NZ.
3. This Portable A-Frame Doll house in a suitcase
4. This Tiny Bazaar
Created by Abdulrahman Eid based on the historic city of Jeddah.
5. A 19th Century Automated Snuff Box
Up for auction on Sotheby’s.
6. An art piece made of over 65,000 unsold CDs
“Waste Landscape” by Elise Morin and Clémence Eliard, most were donated by Universal Music.
Photographed at this location in Paris.
7. Dolly Parton’s ‘Jolene’ performed in a Medieval Style
8. The Ultimate Golden Girls Granny Panties
Found on Dangerous Minds.
9. A model learning the proper way to get out of a car, London, 1965
Pictured at the one famous modelling school Gaby Young Agency. Found here.
10. Lucio Bertone’s Lancia Stratos, 1970
Found on Twitter.
11. Ella Fitzgerald’s Lost Interview about Racism & Segregation
Recorded in 1963, it’s never been heard until now. Found on Open Culture.
12. Jane Austen’s former Home in Bath, available to rent
“In this house, Jane started work on her early and unfinished novella, The Watsons. Furnished with antique furniture, some of which has been in our family for generations, we offer a unique and authentic slice of history.”
– Maxwell, your host.
Found on Airbnb